Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mk's Incomplete Thoughts: Food Porn.


Warning: This is inappropriate, as is everything that crosses my mind at 4am. 

You have been warned.

It's not too late to turn back.

Mara and Emmy have gotten me into a dirty little habit: watching the Food Network and other Cooking-related programming. And my God am I a glutton for punishment. This sort of programming is absolute torture, but I can't stop. Which got me thinking...


I know this subject has been addressed by countless people, mostly comedians, but really, why can't food porn work?

I suppose more accurately, my question is: why isn't there some sort of masturbation for food? No seriously. Why  is it that looking at some pictures or some video is enough to help one relieve the immediate sexual tensions, but when it comes to food, looking at pictures and watching video of cooking only serves to make me ravenously hungry.  It sucks. I can't look at food without without my stomach screaming at me, like I'm some kind of twisted, fat bitch version of Pavlov's dog or something. It's agony.

"Food porn" is strangely popular on weightloss blogs and I... I just don't get it. How can people put themselves through this sort of self-torture. Unless all dieters are masochists...

No comments:

Post a Comment