Monday, October 11, 2010

An Introduction


My name is Emmylou, I go by Emmy in most cases, and I am just beginning this concept of blogging. I have put up a major fight against blogging for years, strictly because I have very little time in my life as it is and it always seemed too trendy for me to want to participate in. As the years have passed, I have realized I am wrong in at least the later concept. It isn't a matter of trends. It is a matter of expression and I have feelings I wish to express.

If I am honest with myself, I have also failed to participate in blogging because of my fear of criticism. I need to get over this fear. I need to be able to criticize myself without trying to make myself feel better. Goodbye, sugar coating concept.

Perhaps one day I will embark upon a blog of my own. I do enjoy writing. I spent four years of my higher eduction focused on writing and literature. In addition to this, I have been absorbed in written online roleplay since I was thirteen years old. I've begun to dabble in the realm of writing with the intention of eventual publication (of course, after the help of a massive editor. Be warned, I have trouble with grammar and I stopped caring long ago. I believe narrative always trumps grammar in the scale of importance). I believe it is fair to say I have a passion for writing. For now, I am here, on Fat Club, to write about my life. I am here to be honest. This honesty is not for the internet but for myself. I am ready to admit that I need help with my physical appearance and actual weight. Being honest with myself is the only way to truly begin to make a change.

I view this blog, the Fat Club, as a true good for myself and my two best friends. The three of us have all admitted that we need help. We need to remain motivated in our personal pursuits. And as society has always said, there is strength in numbers.

Emmy the Fangirl

No comments:

Post a Comment